Monday, August 30, 2010

i heart faces-photojournalism





I love this picture from Steve's homecoming. Words can't describe how wonderful it was to greet my husband after a year long deployment, but the look on Razzie's face says it all. I love the way she's resting on his gear, and you can almost hear the thoughts going on in her little 5 year old head. It's as if she is looking up to heaven and saying, "Thanks, God, for making my family whole again." A feeling of joy, yes, but more than that, RELIEF, and oh, how's she's hugging his bags... If I could pick one picture that symbolizes the sentiment of our entire little family on that day, this would be it. I'm entering this photo at I Heart Faces for this week's theme, Photojournalism. Head over to www.iheartfaces.com to see all the other wonderful entries this week.

8 comments:

  1. Aw. This is absolutely precious. What a wonderful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Priceless. What a great picture. I am glad he came home. So glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How priceless! What a reunion that would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this one! She has a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exceptional image. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. This is absolutely stunning. Her face is so adorable! Such an amazing shot.

    By the way, I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this shot. Her expression speaks volumes - like she could be in the midst of a bustling airport and it would still be HOME because her daddy is there.

    Just an amazing capture

    ReplyDelete
  8. A treasure of a photo...it leaves me speechless, actually.
    I also love your banner at the top-it is too cute.

    ReplyDelete